On 21/01/2011 04:49 p.m., Thomas Narten wrote:

> But other uses of the Flow Label outside of that do not have that
> requirement.
>
> So, if you do traditional flows, you have to be sure to generate Flow
> Labels carefully.  The default usage outside of signaling does not
> have the same requirement.

Having two different FlowLabel generation algorithms does not sound like
a good approach to me (not that you're proposing that, though) -- in
particular, when we'd have to work on an API for apps to select the
proper one.

IMHO, pick an algorithm that is suitable for all cases, and that's it.

Thanks,
--
Fernando Gont
e-mail: ferna...@gont.com.ar || fg...@acm.org