On 10/10/12 10:52, Ammar Salih wrote:
Hello Dears,

I would like to suggest adding GPS coordinates to IPv6 header, as you
know the current way of determining the location of the IP address is
through the IP registration, which is not very accurate as it depends on
how the ISP registers it’s IP subnets, which is normally done based on
country/city.

Getting more accurate locations will enhance many services provided by
the web, like targeted commercials (for example, I can get Ads regarding
restaurants available in my neighborhood instead of all restaurants in
the city), another good example would be webpage’s language, my language
will be detected more accurately based on my exact area rather than my
countery, as there are many countries with more than one popular language.

Maps, navigation, emergency calls and many other services will also get
enhanced with accurate locations.

I hope you will find my suggestion beneficial, and looking forward to
hearing from you.

Best,

*Ammar Salih *|***B.Sc.Eng, CCNA-S, CCVP, CCIE-V written*

Technical Lead - Voice and Data Support Services

*Mob*: +964 (0) 770 533 0306

*Office*: +964 (0) 53 511 2020  -  Ext. 2221

*Email*:ammar.sa...@auis.edu.iq <mailto:ammar.sa...@auis.edu.iq>

*The American University of Iraq – Sulaimani*

**