It's not about supporting dictatorial regimes in isolating their citizens
from the internet, It's about implementing regulations, for example, certain
regions does not allow VoIP calls over GSM/GPRS network.

And it's not only filtering and restrictions, location-based Bandwidth
Management could mean (for the sake of example) you assign Bandwidth based
on area population rather than router's uplink.

Many applications will be supporting the feature differently (like
http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6442 ), then one day it will be much easier to
unify them and have the feature in the IP header.

> Since you mention IP addresses, we have "privacy addresses" in IPv6 for
> exactly this reason. Many feel that disclosing even something as seemingly

> innocuous as your real MAC address, in IPv6 SLAAC, could be problematic,
so
> it is no longer mandatory to do so.

I don't see why "privacy addresses" is mentioned here, I am 100% with users
privacy and suggesting that they have more control over a more accurate
details (locations)... such details that they are not allowed to control in
the current setup.

Thank you,
Ammar