On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 9:36 PM, Scott Brim <s...@internet2.edu> wrote:
> I have the usual concerns about privacy.  I have no problem with someone
> knowing the endpoint that is communicating is associated with a vehicle
> (or that I, a human, am communicating from a vehicle).  However, if
> someone can map easily from an IP address to a VIN (thus knowing the
> specific vehicle from which the communication is happening), and I have
> no choice but to reveal that information in order to communicate at all,
> I am not comfortable.  In general, as an architectural principle, I want
> the option to control how much personal information I reveal.  That's
> called privacy.

Actual the problem is much simpler, it's not that easy to get the
unique ID of a vehicle today, however with the proposed solution it
become extremely easy.
Sort of the same idea that caused IPv6 to create all IPs based on the
mac address... we know how that ended, we created the privacy option.

Do we want todo it all over again?

--

Roger Jorgensen           | ROJO9-RIPE
rog...@gmail.com          | - IPv6 is The Key!