Hi,

> By the way, ISPs are only one kind of network operators who are interesting
> in semantic prefix. Enterprise network operators are another group of network
> operators who can benefit from embedded semantics. And the enterprises do not
> have subscribers who potentially need extra bits.

Now for enterprises embedding semantics in the address plan is quite common and
makes a lot of sense. It saves a lot of maintenance work when maintaining
firewall policies etc. It's one of the options I described in the addressing
plan document [1] I wrote for SURFnet in 2010. Part of that document was based
on experiences at the University of Twente.

Cheers,
Sander

[1] http://www.surfnet.nl/en/nieuws/Pages/IPv6numberplan.aspx