On Aug 9, 2013, at 14:59 , Fernando Gont <fg...@si6networks.com> wrote:
> The arguemtn, as far as I can tell, is that the current title might be
> confusing (mostly because of the confusion there is with different
> terminology on the subject).

Oh yay! Something I'm good at!

> Given the above options I'd stick with the current title. Besides, the
> community has become used to refer to this method as
> "stable-privacy-addresses".. so changing the title at this point would,
> IMHO, only contribute to confusion.

Count me in the group who would like to change the title.  I propose using the
word "opaque" instead:

Long Title: "Stateless Automatic IPv6 Address Configuration (SLAAC) with Stable
and Semantically Opaque Interface Identifiers"

Short Title: "SLAAC with Stable and Opaque IIDs"

I propose to use the word "opaque" here because the pseudo-random number
generator is an implementation detail. The objective is to remove the semantic
content of the EUI-64 formatted MAC address from all the IP addresses that a
host needs to use.  The privacy consideration is only one of several goals that
achieving that objective is meant to address.  Another goal is to reduce the
likelihood of IID collision.

--
james woodyatt <j...@apple.com>
core os networking