The document needs to be printed in a newspaper.  The maximum is the largest
size of the page of the newspaper.  The other intervals are the lengths
given to me where the document can be cut.  So if I have a resulting table
of 5cm and the interval is 80mm I need to fill the rest up with whitespace +
a footer with image.  So this means if my footer is 15mm I still need to add
15mm with whitespace.  I use the padding of the cell with the image footer
to accomplish that.  that's one of the reasons I use PfdPTables.  I'll
explain the other more important reason, eventhough it should be irrelevant.
I've never heard that PfdPTables are bad in usage except for today.  If it
didn't come from you I wouldn't have believed it.

The most important reason I'm using tables is quite simple.  I need to
re-create documents with new data from a newspaper based in Holland.  This
document was made with iText 2.1.7, but sadly I lack the source code.  It's
not available anymore, don't ask...
I'm proficient enough to see that borders and cells have been coloured,
images been inserted in tables and certain graphics are made using
PdfPCellEvents.  My output needs to be "exactly" the same.
But really, I shouldn't need to explain myself in such a way.  I feel like
I'm being held at gunpoint and I'm only doing my job.

> I've had a discussion with Bob Van Rompuy about iText a while ago. Maybe
> I should use this example to show that RD could really use more iText
> expertise.

Like I said...  I feel like I'm being held at gunpoint, for what?  If you
feel the need to threathen me I'll gladly give you my phone number.  You can
say whatever you want in your own native language and it'll be a local call.