Ted Husted wrote:

> What might be useful in general would be to make individual JARs
> available for download. For a stable-release, the documentation is
> already online, and I may not need that locally. Especially if I'm jut
> window-shopping. If I'm just after a feature enhancement in a nightly
> release, why should I have to download a 5mb gorilla just to get the
> latest 100kb banana?

True true true. I think we already agreed to do that with the released
stuff.

> For some of our products, the mere-mortals now do things like download
> the binary release and then just lift a JAR from one of the example
> applications. Why not cut to the chase, and just let users download
> stable JARs to begin with?

Sure.  Make it available.  Isn't a tradeoff.  We can have that, and make
it easier for us mortals to download and dig in the source a bit too.

That 'source' thing is part of what makes this  so special.

> Hopefully, many of the Commons packages will also offer
> test-suites/examples as ready-to-run WARs that people can download and
> check out first. Then they could Just lift the JAR, peak at the online
> documentation and plunk it into their own application. If there's a fix,
> they should be able to just download the new JAR -- plug and play.

I assumed all Jakarta projects did this as a matter of course...

geir

--
Geir Magnusson Jr.                               [EMAIL PROTECTED]