> With the standard Digester ObjectCreateRule, you could set up rules like
> this:
>   digester.addObjectCreate("object", "java.util.Date", "className");
>   digester.addSetProperties("object");

This is the part that bothers me.  While it's nice that the resulting XML
document is relatively concise, self documenting and very readable (none of
which are features of JOCL), I've got to set up the Digester to be able to
read the configuration file.  Can I set up a generic ObjectCreateRule that
works with any class (e.g., classes not known at compile time)?

(I guess I can probably figure that out on my own, let me poke around a bit,
or feel free to answer.)

 - Rod