On Tue, 3 Apr 2001, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

> Vincent Massol wrote:
>

> > Initially I used Stylebook because I did not know about Anakia. Then I found
> > Anakia and found that it was using a custom templating mechanism, which I
> > did not like that much (I much prefer staying standard, using XSL
> > transformation). I have been using the standard jakarta stylebook style so I
> > did not touch the XSL stylesheets (hopefully for me ... otherwise that would
> > have been a project on it's own ... :) ). Now, I am not sure which is best.
> > I have not tried Velocity but from what people says, the templates are much
> > easier to write. This I like ! I'm still not sure about not being standard
>
> Oh no.  I didn't get the memo about using standards. I'm screwed :)  My
> desktop OS is linux, my favorite programming language right now is Java,
> my next computer will have an AMD chip, I like 'Gump', and I voted
> Democrat.  (Ok, the last one was more of a standard last time round, but
> thats probably not for this forum...)
>
> :)
>
> > Anyway, I suggest that I make the move to commons keeping the existing
> > stylebook for the moment and add a todo task to migrate to Anakia if that is
> > the target for commons subprojects. Anyway,  I'll align with the
> > recommandation that will be made.
>
> Let me take a look at what you have so far while the 'standards'
> discussion continues.  It should be easy to convert.
>
> And if the consensus is to go the other way, we go the other way.

> > > That's easy if we use the Jakarta Bugzilla
> >
> > Do we also use the same bugzilla for all Commons subprojects ? Is it created
> > yet ? Who is doing that ? :)
>
> Well, we just got this started :)
>
> We are already in bugzilla as a subproject.  BeanUtils is there as a
> component.  So all we have to do is add Cactus when it makes the move.
> I would be Craig could make the change :)

Yep ... ping me if I forget (or pound me if I didn't hear you the first
time :-).

This does raise a policy question on Bugzilla, however.  Bugzilla's
hierarchy for categorizing bug reports is
product/component/version.  We've been using the subproject ("Commons") as
the product, and I figured each Commons package would be a component.  The
question is, what do we do about version numbers (which are global to the
entire Commons "product").

I guess we just enter any version number that's used by any package, and
hope users are careful about how they report things -- just be aware that
it's possible to enter invalid combinations.

> geir
>
> --
> Geir Magnusson Jr.                               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Developing for the web?  See http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity/

Craig