----- Original Message -----
From: "Jon Stevens" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, August 15, 2001 7:38 PM
Subject: Re: Logging

> on 8/15/01 11:36 AM, "Vincent Massol" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > or each component use an Ant task that includes the commons logging
> > component in each project's runtime jar ...
>
> At that point, why bother? If you consider the Log4J 20k little .jar file
> the same as the logging component (with the added feature that dropping in
> the full log4j.jar file gets you full backwards compatible functionality),
> then what is the point of having a logging component?

:-)

I agree. I am just not sure that including one jar inside another is
something good and possible (is it done anywhere else ?). License won't be
an issue here obviously. The problem I can see is that with versions. If I
have the Log4jME classes in my component jar and then the user likes Log4j
and puts the jar on the classapth *before* my jar and it happens that the
version he uses it older than mine and does not support such method I am
using, then we have a problem, right ? :(

> -jon
-Vincent