----- Original Message -----
From: "Sam Ruby" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, August 15, 2001 7:21 PM
Subject: Re: Logging

> Vincent Massol wrote:
> >
> > Same for me *except* that the chosen solution need
> > to be transparent if the
> > log4j jar is not in the classpath ! ;-)
>
> Now, what do we do if the logging component itself is not in your
> classpath?

hehe ... good question ... ;-)
It works for me in Cactus as I have my very thin API on top of Log4j within
the cactus ...
I do agree, if it is a standard component within commons, we have a problem
...:(
or each component use an Ant task that includes the commons logging
component in each project's runtime jar ...
or each component manages it's own logging (I'm still not sure this is a bad
solution BTW)

> - Sam Ruby
-Vincent