--- "Craig R. McClanahan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
<snip/>

> Personally, I don't think any of the current Commons
> components are big
> enough to need anything more than System.out debug
> messages (which is why
> I was able to stay out of this stupid argument for
> so long), but that's
> just my opinion.
<snip/>

Heh, I know you probably don't want anyone to respond
to this, but...

I agree with regard to components like Collections,
possibly Digester, and others.  But there are a lot of
ways to leak database connections, a lot of ways to
screw up an HTTP connection.  Because they are
components, they're going to be embedded in a system
and therefore very difficult to reach without some
sort of external configuration (i.e. a logging API).

Besides, logging is all the rage now.  Haven't you
heard?  ;)

- Morgan

=====
Morgan Delagrange