Personally, I think that this worry that Craig expressed about people not
liking Log4J is un-substantiated red herring FUD (correct me with real
examples) and the reasons are:

#1. Ceki has stated that Log4J will support JDK 1.4 Logging API's when they
are released. When that happens, people can switch out Log4J anyways.

#2. Log4J allows people's existing code to be used through custom Appenders.
People will need to write their own "Appenders" if they use a Logging
wrapper anyway.

#3. This is the Jakarta project. We should eat our own dog food as much as
possible. If people don't like Log4J and refuse to use our software because
we do like it, then that is their problem, not ours.

p.s. I'm putting Costin's *valid* issues with Log4J on the wayside right now
because I think that those are issues which can be resolved and are not
necessarily design issues with Log4J itself. They are important, but they
can be solved.

-jon