On Wed, 22 Aug 2001, Jon Stevens wrote:

> Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 16:59:24 -0700
> From: Jon Stevens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: Need your advice ...
>
> on 8/22/01 4:42 PM, "Jon Stevens" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > the stupid idiot who wrote it used a Hashtable!
>
> Sorry...that is a bit rough for me to say...we all make mistakes...
>
> -jon (also a stupid idiot most of the time)

Here's another earthquake moment ... Jon and I agree on how poor a choice
the author of HttpURLConnection made on this :-)  Tomcat's unit test suite
(as well as Watchdog and numerous others) have their own low-level
implementation of HTTP to get around such problems.

Vincent, you might consider using the "httpclient" library sitting here in
Commons.  It's also getting used in the ongoing latka development, and I'd
like to migrate Tomcat unit tests over to it at some appropriate time.

Craig