Chris Hostetter wrote:
> : OK, I checked in the new web site into a new location outside of trunk:
> : lucene/java/site/. The nightly cron job must copy the files now from
>
> Uh ... point of clarification: these files all seem to be have been
> "svn add"ed (not "svn move"d or "svn copy"ied so they don't have any
> history preserved), and the existing versions all still live
> in the trunk...  each doc should really only live in one place right?
> either in the site or in the releases?

You're right, I should have used "svn copy" and "svn move". I'll delete
the files and do it again.

> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/lucene/java/site/src/documentation/content/xdocs/
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/lucene/java/trunk/src/site/src/documentation/content/xdocs/
>
> (I ask becaues i wanted to sanity check which files were still going to be
> versioned/included in the releases, and which were going to be "timeless"
> but then i realized at this point everything is duplicated)
>
> I'm also not really clear how this affects the docs that will be included
> in the 2.3 release ... the javdoc links in branches/lucene_2_3 still have
> the same problem as before, right?

The short answer is: I wasn't done yet :-). I'll update the trunk and
2.3 branch soon. You can see a preview of the changes I'm going to make
here: http://people.apache.org/~buschmi/preview/. The 2.3 release will
then only have 2.3 specific docs.

-Michael