Grant Ingersoll wrote:
I don't know, I think it is nice to have explicit links to previous ones as well, but it is one extra click. I suspect that is the main thing people want from previous versions so it is nice to not have to dig deep into the Site Versions and have it right there from the javadocs link.

FYI, in Hadoop we've split the project web site from the version-specific documentation. Releases only contain version-specific documentation. The project's web site is maintained outside of trunk. The version-specific documentation is linked to from the project website and appears as a tab.

Note that the 0.14 docs are grafted into this, and still include project docs, so look at the 0.15 docs for a complete example.

http://lucene.apache.org/hadoop/docs/r0.15.2/

Doug