On Fri, 7 Jun 2024 22:46:44 GMT, Damon Nguyen <dngu...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> This issue is responsible for updating the translations of all the
> localize(able) resources in the JDK. Primarily, the changes between JDK 22
> RDP 1 and the integration of the JDK 23 RDP 1 L10n drop will be translated.
>
> The translation tool adjusted some definitions, which causes some changes in
> localized files where the source file had no changes. This causes some words
> being reverted from localized languages to English, and some had its
> definitions changed.
>
> Alternatively, the diffs are viewable here and was generated using Jonathan
> Gibbons' diff tool for l10n:
> https://cr.openjdk.org/~dnguyen/output2/

src/java.desktop/share/classes/sun/print/resources/serviceui_de.properties line
66:

> 64: label.size=G&röße:
> 65: label.source=&Quelle:
> 66: label.outputbins=A&usgabefächer:

How confident are we in this ?
google translate says that the old text referred to 'compartments' and the new
one to 'areas' and I wonder why that is better ?

https://translate.google.com/?sl=auto&tl=en&text=Ausgabebereiche%0AAusgebefacher&op=translate

src/java.desktop/share/classes/sun/print/resources/serviceui_zh_CN.properties
line 32:

> 30: border.jobattributes=作业属性
> 31: border.media=介质
> 32: border.output=出纸

What triggered this ? Just someone noticing it and deciding there's a better
translation ?
What does it say ?

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/19609#discussion_r1633781646
PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/19609#discussion_r1633782742