On Mon, 10 Jun 2024 20:20:52 GMT, Phil Race <p...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> This issue is responsible for updating the translations of all the
>> localize(able) resources in the JDK. Primarily, the changes between JDK 22
>> RDP 1 and the integration of the JDK 23 RDP 1 L10n drop will be translated.
>>
>> The translation tool adjusted some definitions, which causes some changes in
>> localized files where the source file had no changes. This causes some words
>> being reverted from localized languages to English, and some had its
>> definitions changed.
>>
>> Alternatively, the diffs are viewable here and was generated using Jonathan
>> Gibbons' diff tool for l10n:
>> https://cr.openjdk.org/~dnguyen/output2/
>
> src/java.desktop/share/classes/sun/print/resources/serviceui_zh_CN.properties
> line 32:
>
>> 30: border.jobattributes=作业属性
>> 31: border.media=介质
>> 32: border.output=出纸
>
> What triggered this ? Just someone noticing it and deciding there's a better
> translation ?
> What does it say ?

In the past, it was brought up in review that some of the words were translated
to localized words that didn't exactly mean what the original English word
meant. I believe Weijun Wang caught some of these in Chinese files in the past.
 I'm assuming these are cases where the go team is improving the translation,
but I also can't exactly tell. We do suggest changes to the go team, so maybe
this is evidence of them improving their tool.

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/19609#discussion_r1633801033