On Sat, Jan 10, 2009 at 2:28 AM, phil.swen...@gmail.com
<phil.swen...@gmail.com> wrote:

> When you spend pretty much all your work time coding, adding in
> features to a language doesn't seem that onerous to me.  If you are a
> casual coder, I could see C# being a bit overwhelming.

I disagree.

In the Framework Design Guidelines book by Microsoft Press, the .NET
BCL Team at Microsoft state two imporant objectives of a good .NET
API:
1) The API should not depend on any one language feature (LINQ is
probably an exception to this rule)
2) That the API's are designed with care so that even the most
mediocre developer can use and understand them but still remain
powerful for more experienced developers.

This idea has been extended somewhat to the C# language itself - the
fundamentals of the language are simple enough to grasp (Its no
different to Java 1.4) and the API's try not to force new language
features onto the developer.

Cheers,
James