Yes, now it is unfortunately - but for a long while it was cooking and
people had their hopes up, tracking community leaders and language
experts like yourself. My point was just to correct the misconception
that LINQ is hardwired into the language, when the reality is it's a
thin syntactical veneer around an extensible API (I.e.
http://code.google.com/p/dblinq2007/).

/Casper