My take is simple - I'd like to see a clear, detailed, technically
argued, document available on the internet that explains WHY project
Jigsaw needs to exist, and WHY OSGi can't. AFAIK, this detailed
technical reasoning hasn't been published - I'd like to read it if it
has.

After all, if there are good technical reasons why OSGi isn't
suitable, then we should all welcome Jigsaw. But if there aren't good
technical reasons, then we should be asking what really justifies
Jigsaw's existence.

I also believe that innovation is good. So, there is no reason why any
person/group shouldn't be allowed to challenge the status quo of the
leader in any technology (as Spring did). Where I have a problem is if
a major player (Sun in this case) uses market power (owning the JDK)
to mount that challenge. Without the technical rationale, we can't
fairly judge if market power is being misused against OSGi, or a
sensible choice being made.

Stephen