In Belgium, there's a 20 day minimum, plus some sick leave, plus whatever
else your employer wants to give you.

For example, I accumulate 6 extra days over the course of the year. At a
previous company, one a month, you could convert 8 hours of overtime into a
day off. It was pretty easy to get 12 extra days off!

Then, there's 10 days of paternity leave, 3-5 months of maternity leave,
etc.

If you change job, your holidays are carried over. It seems unfair to just
wipe them out. I'm surprised so many countries seem to do that.

Moandji