yeah trust is essential. But then, if you can't trust them, having
them in an office for regular hours helps how? Oh right, that is why
everyone fails...

People ask me this a lot, but I don't have an answer. The most
reliable one (which is not what I do) is essentually freelance of
short term things and say no to 95% of things. I know quite a few
people that do this and do very well (I don't freelance).

As for offices - I like offices, they are fun. You get to talk to
people, eat food and sit around etc.. some of them are quite nice.
Just impossible to get any work done if your job requires thought or
understanding.