Maybe trust wasn't the best choice of word.  Maybe I mean not just
"trustworthy" but knowing how they tick, their strengths and
weaknesses and what kind of results you will expect from them -
combined with the kind of work your team (or lack of) does.  My former
employers knew they could throw certain kinds of problems at me and I
would come up with a solution.  Or in other cases, would put me in
touch with a team in a random time zone who were having issues and I
could help them out.

But I agree, there seems to be a big "risk" difference between full-
time and short-term freelance.

CC