|Seems like I don't need an HTTPInvoker. Only an HTTPInvokerProxy and a
|InvokerServlet, that forwards invocations to the local invoker. If I

use the JMX bus directly,

|understand it, the proxy must provide a TransactionPropagationContext
|instance to each Invocation. This has to be "imported" in the servlet
|before the invocation is forwarded to the LocalInvoker.

The transaction is not mandatory, but if it is there then yes it has to be
"imported" (this is a weakness, necessary I am told (?) of the current
transaction engine design).

|Also, there must be a HTTPProxyFactory, that binds an HTTPInvokerProxy
|into jndi for every ejb. An then, there's the setup / integration. I need
|some MBean, that sets up the proxy factory and deploys the servlet.

I am thinking, bill, we should do a "factory bind" in JNDI that knows what
protocol to add in the invoker but the "proxy" stuff should be generalized,
the interface input generalized.  This way you would just

context.lookup("http/myMBean") or some way to specify what transport you
want and we return to you the right invoker in the java stack with the
interface _of the MBean_ not just EJB.  This way you are talking to you
remote server MBean through the HTTP protocol, and tunnelling through
anything this way .  Java interfaces to web services. simply done,

|All that together should be packaged into one single deployment unit, e.g.
|a sar. Right?

yes

marcf

|Holger