Mike wrote:

> Legal to emigrate, Yes. Work permit? A little >more difficult, I'm afraid.
We Europeans need >Green cards to work in the US

Yes - I know a few years back the U.S. started imposing different quotas on
different countries and I'd heard people from Britain got the short end of
the stick.  However, there is a huge amount of people from the U.K here in
SoCal (I think it's the largest group anywhere in the States).  I'm sure
they have some kind of network for helping each other get in.

Although from all I've heard Spain is one of the most beautiful countries in
the world (and Barcelona a gorgeous city), I would probably have to try to
find an English speaking country, because I'm not blessed with the foreign
language aptitude gene.

> Given all that, perhaps you might consider >trying to change the
(Fundamentalist) system >from within. It's less of a hassle.

Oh noooo.  I'd go hide-out in a cave on one of the offshore islands first
;-)

Kakki