No, only a small inland portion is desert. There are huge mountains, trees,
waterfalls, farmlands, etc. Big Sur, like Bree said, is incredible...nothing
like it. Santa Barbara where I live is beautiful...many compare it to parts
of Italy or the Riviera. Mountains & foothills & the ocean. Whats a big plus
is that beyond the mountains is National Forest land. I have lived here most
of my life, still sometimes, the beauty just takes my breath away. Yes,
there are earthquakes but no tornados or hurricanes!

>>I am sure Californis is beautiful. I wouls probably like it further north.
Not
being an expert on it, I imagine most of it is desert. Plus I don't like
earthquakes.<<<