"Kate Bennett" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>writes:

>my heart is breaking for
>gabe who keeps making his life worse but who is lots of kids who make bad
>choices under the influence

It's not the drugs, it's the kid (or as I like to say "it's not the shit,
it's the fan"). When I was a kid, I didn't hold up convenience stores, or
steal embalming fluid (much less smoke it), or fire a gun at anyone.

>>>(By the way, dig the juxtaposition with the film "Badlands.")<<
>
>hmmm...didn't see that film...

Check it out sometime; a great film from 1973 by Terrence Malick, with young
Martin Sheen and Sissy Spacek. That's what Claire was watching on the TV
lying on the couch. Its plot kind of mirrors the later scene with her and
Gabe in the Hearse (in "Badlands" they get away in a big Cadillac driving
across, literally off-road, Montana).

>& don't you love watching Ruth, their mom, going through
>her self discovery

Yeah, she's a hoot.

-Fred