>>It's not the drugs, it's the kid (or as I like to say "it's not the shit,
it's the fan"). When I was a kid, I didn't hold up convenience stores, or
steal embalming fluid (much less smoke it), or fire a gun at anyone.<<<

Fred you are right, it is the kid & also the kids upbringing or lack of &
then throw some self medication on top of that & its a complex issue...but
if the kid goes over the line into the world of guns it is a different
matter (still it breaks my heart...most likely because gabe looks like
someone i know).

>>>(By the way, dig the juxtaposition with the film "Badlands.")<<
 That's what Claire was watching on the TV lying on the couch. Its plot kind
of mirrors the later scene with her and Gabe in the Hearse (in "Badlands"
they get away in a big Cadillac driving
across, literally off-road, Montana).<<<

How brilliant...