<<After Hejira, should you choose to go
that way, I suggest Night Ride Home.>>

I hadn't heard NRH in awhile, and spun it from start to finish yesterday.
Really an excellent record. Come In From The Cold should have been edited,
I'm always ready for it to be over before it is. I don't care for Nothing Can
Be Done much, but that's just me I suppose. Two Grey Rooms is of course one
of her masterpieces because like her best work, we can easily insert
ourselves into the story.
And has she ever written a "meaner" lyric than:

"You'd eat your young alive,
For A Jaguar in the drive"
(From "The Windfall(Everything For Nothing))

I don't mean that as a negative statement - it's a brilliant lyric because of
its impact.

Cherokee Louise almost always moves me to tears with its story of childhood
betrayal, and the fact that the friend knows where to find her (under the
bridge) but now she's there because she's hiding in fear & shame as opposed
to the fun mischievious adventure of youth. So bittersweet...

Much more to say about NRH, but I'm done for now.

Bob

NP: Min, "Big Yellow Taxi"