> Cynical toward the music business in general?
> Or cynical toward Joni and her marketing decisions after the hatbox
ripoff?

Door number two.>>

I agree...despite our passion for her here, she is barely a blip on the
radar screen in the big scheme of things. Look at the RS survey that Sybil
mentions...Joni didn't score ONE record in the top 100 of all time! Most of
the fans who dug C&S aren't even aware of her newer projects. She's not a
major unit-shifter, so Reprise looks to maximize revenues on her any way
they can. I won't mention the hatbox scam again, but I will say that Ani's
last 2 releases have been 2-CD sets, and I paid $16.99 - $18.99 for each. I
would say that any price over $25 for Travelogue is excessive.

But they're not stupid - they know that the maximum sales will happen in
the first month, that us rabid fans will scoop it up when we can for what
we have to pay, as most of have the resources.

I'm not speaking from any REAL business knowledge, and I admit it. It just
seems to be the approach that marketing establishes for her product.

Bob, who will buy it the day it comes out for whatever the price is...

NP: Prince, "Joint 2 Joint"

the views of the company.