[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< Cynical toward the music business in general?  Or cynical toward Joni and
her marketing decisions after the hatbox ripoff?  I'm leaning toward the
second one myself. >>

Ha ha!  I endorse that view.  Regardless of how much or little that limited
edition was Joni's responsibility, it has to rank as one of the biggest
wastes of money I've ever fallen for.  I flogged it eventually, and haven't
bought another copy of the album, on the grounds that I never listened to it
anyway.  I REALLY hope my dread about the new one is unfounded, but I have
this horrible feeling it's going to be a turkey.

Azeem in London