Siblings share half their genes and most of their environment (at least in the home). It is impossible to tease the environment out of the equation in that situation.
perhaps so. However, people are DIFFERENT and react differently. Are oyu really suggesting that inm ym case, 3 gay brothers, or in my firiends cae, 5 gay siblings, that we all are the same which made us react the same?
Also, if the situation is as you think it is, it applies equally to heterosexuals. as heterosexuals far out number homsosexuals, are to to assume that their environments were the same? what is the environment that creates a heterosexual? Having two heterosexual parents who stayed together and raised them? That can't be right. Not least because many homosexuals had the same. Or maybe it is having conforming to stereotype mothers and fathersi.e fem mothers and butch fathers. There are many many str8 people who come from single parent homes and also from no parent homes. There are many str8 people who had fathers who were distant and cold who withheld their love. Yet they turned out straight. Equally many who had dominering, cloying mothers who turned out str8. There are many str8 people who were sexually abused by the same or opposite sex.
Ormaybe it was soemthing in the water?

What exactly is meant by 'environment'? It seems to me a catch all word and have never had an explanation of what it means. Is there a way to raise children to make sure they are the sexuality that is wanted?

I do think that 'environment', or at least my interpretation of it as experience, can dictate sexual tastes-ie. many people who were spanked as children either domestically or at school, develop a sexual fetish for it as adults. The fetish shared by adult babies has a fairly obvious root in experience. Any number of fetishes can probably all be rooted in experience.

i just cannot see how how ones sexual preference for the same or the oppostie sex can be. it makes no sense to me. One wouldn't expect siblings to have the same views on life, or contsructs about anyhting, just ebcause they grew up in the same environment. Apart which, I think it is wrong to assume that just because siblings grew up within the same home that there environemtns were the same. perhaps their physical environment was the same. certainly their emotional envrironment would not have been the same because we are all different, we all interpret experience differently, we create different meanings.

There is also an assumption in this that something went wrong in either the genes or the envrironment that casues homosexuality. i don't think so.

It seems to me, if I understand correctly, that what you are saying is that our genes presdeestine us to be heterosexual, mainly, but some of carry genese that although they do the same, are slightly different in that the environment can makes those genes produce homsexuality. when you consider that 90% of the pop is str8, i don't think that washes either.

IF gay people are produced by having faulty parents, does that mean that str8's have perfect parents?

I don't know the answer, these are really just thoughts and questions. My gut tells me that sexual preference for the same or opposite sex is inborn.
My guts also tells me it does not matter how we came to be what we are(only in the case of sex preference-i think how we come to be the people we are is very improtant-it helps in personal growth and undertsanding and comspassion etc)

In the end, I know only that I have never had my knees wobble, my spine tingle, my heart sing, my mind swim, my penis get hard at the sight of a woman. And no amount of asking why or knowing why will change that.(tho of course one should never say never!)