Hi all its a horrible horrible day and I still ave this awful cold and it is
sleeting here on the South coast of England... I have to go and walk the dog
(and his friend who is staying...ye gods its mad enough when the kids have
sleepovers...but the dog!!!!!!!) All the talk of Tuna and whether you like
it or not... I do, but in the summer with pasta and huge tomatoes with
balsamic vinegar on them....... has got me thinking about what I would like
to eat today as it is sooooooo f*****g cold......SO, cue music, here are
some of my  Favourite meals for really cold days.... these all have
childhood memories attached to them and they never fail to remind me of us
all sat round the dining table drooling....

1 Wall Pork Sausages, mashed potatoes and Heinz Baked Beans
2 Birds Eye Cod Fish fingers with mashed potatoes and peas
3 Cottage (shepherds) Pie with carrots and peas .. there will now be debate
about whether cottage and shepherds pie are the same thing... Its minced
meat in a sumptuous gravy with mashed potato on the top baked in the oven
until the mash has attained that golden edge that makes you have to (You
just HAVE TO) tug a bit off it...
4 Lancashire hot pot
5 Beef and Ale stew with dumplings
6 Corned beef hash (not the illegal hash .... all though that would
certainly cheer things up :-) In the UK at out table this is like a poor
mans version of Shepherds pie, but you use Corned beef from tins instead of
minced meat....

I think that will do for now.... for main courses...

Puddings... sweets, whatever you may call them?
Apple pie, Apple pie, Apple Pie, Apple pie
Apple Crumble
Sponge pudding with loads of golden syrup on it
Baked Apples
and did I mention Apple pie?

Oh I am so hungry now and I think I will do something yummy for supper
tonight, the kids come back to  me tonight and that is always great.... they
have a day off from school tomorrow and each have two friends staying
tonight so there will be Me, Liz plus two, Sam plus two and Danny the dog
plus one!!!

Enjoy your days all of you.....
Lucy