Catherine wrote......

Lucy and Colin - when Brits start talking about food,
> I never have a clue what they're talking about.
> Ironic, that, since my grandmother was English.
>
> The dog sleepover thing made me laugh. I bet you don't
> get any sleep at all with the constant carrying-on
> that happens when two dogs meet (over and over
> again...)

Ah, you see Catherine (and colin will back me up here) we just talk the same
language really get a BRITISH Dictionary and you will understand a bit
better.... Have you been to the UK? Have you experienced good old basic
English fare? It is wonderfully warming of the soul and of the cockles of
our hearts..(now there is an expression I have never understood... Now as to
food and and the differences abroad,  the Brits have a reputation for being
very very staid and unadventurous.......

I go to France a lot and just love all the sea food... and also like
Escargots... So many people blanche at the thought of snails but... Cooked
in their shells, Drenched in garlic butterand parsley, and eaten with hunks
of fresh bread I think they are one of the little things that everyone
should try..... the number of French who place snails in front of you
thinking you will say "EEEEEWW" (I do think the USA has proveided a
wonderful expression there) and look quite shocked when your eyes light
up..... Good to have one over on the French they still have not got over
Agincourt so its a good thing to keep them on their toes....(don't you think
so Colin .....even if you hate snails)..

Things I will not eat are... BRAINS, TRIPE, COD ROE (but will eat caviar)
JELLIED EELS, BLOOD SAUSAGE....CUSTARD......and will only eat liver if I
cook it myself....

Sorry, Colin, that so many of the things I have mentioned are banned from
your day but ITs just one of those type of "hmmm what to eat" type days....
Also need dog food and cat food...

I took Dan the dog and his mate (Smokey the Whoppet ...huge whippety thing
but too small for a greyhound and too big for a whippet but NOT a lurcher)
and another dog friend for a walk and it was beautiful and then all of a
sudden it just blizzarded snow from absolutely NOWHERE.... Ah the beauty of
England....

Going to the supermarket to stock up with food for the kids.... It will be a
big trolley I think as I am feeling foody....
Enjoy the day...

Lucy