Lucy Hone wrote:

Hi all its a horrible horrible day and I still ave this awful cold and it is
sleeting here on the South coast of England... I have to go and walk the dog
(and his friend who is staying...ye gods its mad enough when the kids have
sleepovers...but the dog!!!!!!!) All the talk of Tuna and whether you like
it or not... I do, but in the summer with pasta and huge tomatoes with
balsamic vinegar on them....... has got me thinking about what I would like
to eat today as it is sooooooo f*****g cold......SO, cue music, here are
some of my  Favourite meals for really cold days.... these all have
childhood memories attached to them and they never fail to remind me of us
all sat round the dining table drooling....

1 Wall Pork Sausages, mashed potatoes and Heinz Baked Beans
2 Birds Eye Cod Fish fingers with mashed potatoes and peas
3 Cottage (shepherds) Pie with carrots and peas .. there will now be debate
about whether cottage and shepherds pie are the same thing...

I think the difference is that one is lamb and the other beef buti don;t know which way around it is and also the veggies are different.

Puddings... sweets, whatever you may call them?

Pudding is the correct 'Queens English'.

Apple Crumble

yummy

Sponge pudding with loads of golden syrup on it

even more yummy-tho I love suet puddings too.
Likre Spotted Dick with custard.(if you make custard or buy the paket to put in milk-always add a little salt-just a pinch-it really makes a difference to the taste-much creamier)

I should also mention Lucy that it is really cruel to emntion all theses foods. They are on my banned list! (allergic)
bw
colin