--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: > Blair writes:

> << So for those in American and elsewhere also
> interested about this phenomena, check it out. >>
>
> Although ths phenomenon exists, it is quite rare --
> from all reports except Rolling Stone's. This story
> HAS BEEN DISCREDITED. The doctors in the article
> DENY MAKING THE STATEMENTS that were attributed to
> them. It appears that Rolling Stone MADE IT UP!

It sounds like total crap. There are people who do
things to make themselves sick (or fake symptoms)
(it's called Munchausen's Syndrome) but this is rare.
I can't see it being any more prevalent among gay men
(trying to get HIV on purpose?) and any other group of
people. If you want to kill yourself, there are faster
ways.

=====
Catherine
Toronto