I certainly think that it has a lot to do with what is most widely
implemented, has the better support, and is the easiest to use. The
more mainstream library is always going to have the mass of users,
while not necessarily being the better library. Next, I think it just
comes down to time frames and what the developer knows more about or
can more easily adopt and implement.

--Cory