1.you just dont need to put ids in li element. All what you want to do is
doable only with on id on the root ul.
Do do that , you should use relative selectors such as:

$tree = $('#mytree');
$('li', $tree).doSomething();

2.ok

3.yes it is the correct design.

4.licence. if you want to attract peoples, you may consider adding also a
less restrictive licence, sucha s MIT.

Olivier

On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 6:59 PM, Dirceu Barquette <
dirceu.barque...@gmail.com> wrote:

> "- think your plugin is tied to specific ids on each node. This should not
> be necessary."
> I didn't understand this sentence...
>
> "- the plugin is calling directly image to decorate the tree, I think it
> should be done via options."
> You are right. It will be done for the next version!
>
> "(google : jquery plugin pattern)"
> I did it already in 0.1 version (thanks to Mike Alsup - nice tutorial)
>
> "- you've a method new_node and then one named insert_node. confusing."
> "new_node" intend to be private method, and "insert_node" is the public
> method that uses new_node method. If its wrong try to explain me correct
> implementation, please!
>
> "other than that, nice, very nice, for somebody that is just learning
> english."
> My brother is an excellent English writer and translator...
>
>  "you've ambitious scripts."
> thank you very much!!!! I want to share these projects with developers. Do
> you want colaborate? All of them is GPL!!!
>
> correct URL. forgive me.
> http://calango.barquettenet.net/~dirceu/isabela/jquery.isabela_draw<http://calango.barquettenet.net/%7Edirceu/isabela/jquery.isabela_draw>
>

> 2008/12/17 Olivier Percebois-Garve <perceb...@gmail.com>
>
>> quick comments:
>>
>> - think your plugin is tied to specific ids on each node. This should not
>> be necessary.
>> - the plugin is calling directly image to decorate the tree, I think it
>> should be done via options.  (google : jquery plugin pattern)
>>  actually the best is to use css clases for the different states and
>> decorate them using css.
>> - you've a method new_node and then one named insert_node. confusing.
>>
>> other than that, nice, very nice, for somebody that is just learning
>> english. you've ambitious scripts.
>>

>> On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 5:49 PM, Dirceu Barquette <
>> dirceu.barque...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> I think the thread just ended. :D
>>>
>>> If you have some time, download and comment my plugins:
>>> http://jqtreevial.sourceforge.net
>>>
>>> And:
>>> http;//isabeladraw.sourceforge.net (official versioning)