How is your geometry defined? If it is an implicit function, ShaderToy.jl
(built on GLVisualize) has a raymarching example.
https://github.com/SimonDanisch/ShaderToy.jl/blob/master/examples/rayprimitive.frag

The method can be generalized to generating distance fields, but I haven't
gotten to it yet. I'd also recommend taking a look at the link in the
comments. Inigo has some great stuff on ray tracing techniques for the GPU.

I've been working on a solid modeler that makes describing primitives as
functions much easier.
https://github.com/FactoryOS/Descartes.jl/tree/master/examples The eventual
goal is to get all the geometric realization code on the GPU (SDFs and Dual
Contours).