Thanks a stack. The geometry is defined in a mesh file .obj. Consisting of
vertices and faces. The objects are complex, so any primitive ray-tracing
is most likely not going to work. My challenge is that my obj files are
just not dense enough. If they were I could use the vertices no problem. So
I either increase the density of the mesh, or ray-trace.

My outline:

load obj file
set camera angle(random range something like 0-2/pi)
set focal length(random range)
ray-trace(~1000 points - much greater than the number of vertices I have)
plot the view of the object(just for visual confirmation)
hold 3D matrix of view (x,y,z) or (x,y,ind)