Am 25.10.2023 um 11:57 schrieb Xavier Beaudouin via juniper-nsp:
So there are a couple of enforced licenses even on MX ... and they have
always been enforced. Subscriber MGMT is one of these features.

Well I remember wanted to use dhcp server on a MX204 for a local lan used
only...
for local administrators... that required some license I didn't have....

Well this thing was working like a charm on M7i (yeah this is attic I know), and
it never asked me a license for spawning isc-dhcpd ...
So no this is no more "honor based".
They copy the worse part of Cisco with their license mess...

It does not help, but this actually makes sense in a weird way :)

local dhcp server on MX is considered a feature which sources in the Subscriber mgmt part of the code and hence depends on the subscriber mgmt features i mentioned above. And these were always enforced on MX.

regards
Tobias