On Wed, 25 Oct 2023 at 15:26, Aaron1 via juniper-nsp
<juniper-nsp@puck.nether.net> wrote:

> Years ago I had to get a license to make my 10g interfaces work on my MX104

I think we need to be careful in what we are saying.

We can't reject licences out right, that's not a fair ask and it won't happen.

But we can reject licenses that expire in operation and cause an
outage. That I think is a very reasonable ask.  I know that IOS XE for
example will do this, you run out of license and your box breaks. I
swapped out from CRS1k to ASR1k because I knew the organisation would
eventually fail to fix the license ahead of expiry.

I'm happy if the device calls homes via https proxy, and reports my
license use, and the sales droid tells me I'm not compliant with
terms. Making it a commercial problem is fine, making it an acute
technical problem is not.

In your specific case, the ports never worked, you had to procure a
license, and the license never dies. So from my POV, this is fine. And
being absolutist here will not help, as then you can't even achieve
reasonable compromise.

--
  ++ytti