On 10/25/23 10:57, Sebastian Wiesinger via juniper-nsp wrote:
Yeah it depends. Our MX204 also needed licenses for subscriber
managment. Some options would produce a license warning and some other
stuff just failed silently which was worse. Also noone at Juniper
seemed to know WHICH licenses we needed for our usecase.

In the end our license list looked like this:

subscriber-accounting
subscriber-authentication
subscriber-address-assignment
subscriber-vlan
subscriber-ip
scale-subscriber
scale-l2tp
l2tp-inline-lns

So yeah.. that wasn't a nice experience at all.

Subscriber Management has always required real licenses on the MX since it started shipping BNG code.

You got 1,000 subscribers as standard, and then needed an enforceable license after that.

Mark.