On Sat, 29 Mar 2014 03:21:26 PM Thomas Lübking wrote:
> To me it translates to the simple fact that "I doubt that other people know
> what i want/need to be indexed and i'd like to know and control what is
> indexed on MY box", so don't try to turn it into a techinal insult, that's
> ridiculous. You /cannot/ do it right since you /cannot/ know what is
> "right" in the first place. That's not a technical issue.

Exactly this. I'm not trying to cast aspersions on your abilities Vishesh,
baloo is whats needed for KDE, what nepomuk was meant to be, and its come
together brilliantly.

You're trying to engineer the baloo config to be automatic for everyone and it
just can't be done.

Better to leave it bare and simple initially, and see what happens in
userland. It might shake out quite differently to what you expect.
--
Lindsay