On Sonntag, 30. März 2014 23:21:18 CEST, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
El Dissabte, 29 de març de 2014, a les 15:21:26, Thomas Lübking va escriure:
On Samstag, 29. März 2014 15:09:10 CEST, Vishesh Handa wrote:
I currently have no idea what is being indexed on my pc. I have no way of
finding out. If I change my directory structure or add extra
media mounts I
just have to have faith that baloo does the right thing.

It just seems a recipe for user angst and frustration. ...

I'm not sure if this is the way you intended it, but to me this
translates to
- "I have no trust in the software you have written and would like to
check
every thing it is doing, and I expect you to provide user
interfaces so that I
can monitor it every second"

To me it translates to the simple fact that "I doubt that other people know
what i want/need to be indexed and i'd like to know and control what is
indexed on MY box",

And you can configure what you want indexed in your box, can't you?

Maybe read the thread again?
What Lindsay wrote, Vishesh read and I then commented?

If you want a personal comment:
to me the config GUI is not providing positive knowledge (ie. what is
ultimately indexed at the moment), no - but that wasn't the topic, i think.

Thomas