I acquired a project (KR2S) that is about 40 - 50% complete; boat, spars,
tail feathers etc. that was originally built to the plan's wing
configuration. I would like to use the "new" airfoil and know that the spars
need to be "taller".

What do you think is the best approach to doing this? The spars I have are
extraordinarily well built... they are complete, including the "weep" holes
for vacuum relief in the mahogany. Should I "cap" them fully, in other words
over the mahogany facings on the spars, or should I just cap the main spruce
spar material?

Any input from anyone who has done this, or has built the new spars from
scratch would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mark W.
N952MW (res)