I was not certain that I needed my heads rebuilt but I had heard that the
VW engine is subject to needing the heads rebuilt often and I had a few
times that I had some higher engine temps. So, for a sort of preventive
maintenance I decided to pull the heads and after seeing the heavy carbon I
felt it was worthy of having them rebuilt. I have them in a shop that I
have been using for many years on many of my vintage and higher
performance vehicle restorations. I trust them.

Jeff York