My carb is a Zenith. The mixture setting is a locked turn screw. I
believe I have seen a photo somewhere where someone made a
mixture adjustment device using a slotted nipple on a cable. I had thought
about making one myself but I feel the device gave me a bit of doubt as to
the safety of it. I am not saying I am correct on my thought of its safety
and there may be someone here who has made such a device. I would like to
once again see such a device. As for now and the past, my mixture is set
and locked. I had no idea until I pulled my heads that I was running so
rich. I had changed plugs in the past and not noticed excessive carbon
deposits from a rich mixture.

Jeff York